The fee to enrol in a course via Open UvA Courses is based on the course’s European Credits (EC). Bachelor’s and Master’s courses are subject to different fee schedules. Books, travel expenses, etc. are not included in tuition.
- Fee for Bachelor’s courses: € 150 per EC
- Fee for Master’s courses: € 200 per EC
- UvA staff can study for free. Every academic year they can enrol for a maximum of 30 EC.
- UvA alumni members receive a 25% discount on tuition fees. Please mention your membership number in your application.
- If you take a course commissioned by the Ministerie van Defensie, you pay € 75 per EC. Please mention your reference number in your application.
On the registration form, you can indicate whether you (or your employer) wish to receive the invoice my email or by regular mail. The course fee will be debited from the account after two weeks after the registration has been processed.
Important general and cancellation conditions
You will be charged an administrative fee of € 50 if you indicate in writing no later than 1 week before the start of the course that you wish to cancel the contract. After that point, the contract can no longer be terminated and the full tuition fee is due.
If you have passed the exam, you can receive a certificate on request. Request this via this form.