Economics and Business
The Faculty of Economics and Business has one College and two Graduate Schools:
- College of Economics and Business
The Faculty of Humanities offers a wide range of programmes in areas such as art, culture, languages, history, philosophy and media. These programmes fall within:
- College of Humanities (Bachelor's programmes)
- Graduate School of Humanities (Master's and PhD programmes)
The UvA programmes in the field of healthcare and medicine are offered by three educational institutes of the Academic Medical Center (AMC-UvA). The teaching part of the doctoral programmes takes place at the graduate school of the AMC-UvA:
- Medicine Educational Institute
- Amsterdam School of Health Professions (ASHP), in collaboration with Amsterdam University of Applies Sciences (AUAS/HvA)
- AMC Graduate School
Social and Behavioural Sciences
Nearly 10,000 UvA students are enrolled at the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG). The FMG offers 9 Bachelor’s programmes within four Colleges and 43 Master’s programmes ( of which 23 are teacher-training programmes) within four Graduate Schools. The Graduate Schools are also responsible for the teaching part of the doctoral programmes.
- College of Social Science
- College of Psychology
- College of Child Development and Education
- College of Communication
- Graduate School of Social Sciences
- Graduate School of Psychology
- Graduate School of Child Development and Education, including Interfaculty Teacher Training Programmes (ILO)
- Graduate School of Communication
- UvA Academy for Continuing Professional Development (in Dutch)
Faculty of Science
With over 7,000 students the UvA’s Faculty of Science is one of the larger science faculties in the Netherlands. Its programmes are organised within the following educational institutes:
With over 3,000 students and 350 staff, the UvA’s Faculty of Law is one of the larger law schools in the Netherlands. Its programmes are organised within three educational institutes:
The Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam (ACTA) is the educational institute for dentistry of the UvA and VU University Amsterdam. In addition to Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in Dentistry, ACTA also offers a range of postgraduate programmes.
Interfaculty Teacher Training Programmes (ILO)
The Interfaculty Teacher Training programmes (ILO) fall under the Research Institute of Child Development and Education of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences.
The Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies (IIS) is the UvA's knowledge centre for interdisciplinary learning and teaching. It develops new courses in collaboration with the faculties and offers various study programmes that cross faculty boundaries. The institute identifies new themes and issues linked to current developments in academia and society.
The IIS offers a number of interdisciplinary study programmes along with a wide range of electives (minors, honours modules and various public events) for students from any faculty, staff, and members of the public. All IIS activities are designed in collaboration with one or more faculties of the University of Amsterdam.