An honours programme consists of 30 credits in addition to the regular Bachelor’s curriculum. Each honours programme is built up with courses from your own Bachelor's and interdisciplinary courses organised by the Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies (IIS), VU University (VU) and Amsterdam University College (AUC).
Certain entry requirements apply. Requirements also apply to getting a certificate or a note of the honours programme on your diploma. Always check this with your study adviser.
The nice thing is that you have a lot of freedom in choosing courses that suit you and appeal to you. I mainly took many interdisciplinary courses, because it is also very nice to come into contact with visions from other disciplines.Perez Bijl
- Honours programmes in English
Honours programmes in Dutch
- Amsterdam Law School (info in Dutch) and for Master's students the Academic Excellence Track
- Medicine (info in Dutch)
- Dentistry (info in Dutch)
- Bèta-gamma (info in Dutch)
- Future Planet Studies (info in Dutch)
- Faculty of Science (info in Dutch)
- Biologie (info in Dutch)
- Biomedische wetenschappen (info in Dutch)
- Informatica (info in Dutch)
- Informatiekunde (info in Dutch)
- Kunstmatige intelligentie (info in Dutch)
- Natuurkunde (info in Dutch)
- Psychobiologie (info in Dutch)
- Scheikunde (info in Dutch)
- Wiskunde (info in Dutch)
Interdisciplinary honours programmes
In addition to the in-depth courses at your own study, you will also follow interdisciplinary courses outside your study programme to broaden your view on the world. These courses are organized in a way so you will work together with students from different disciplines and nationalities.
Interdisciplinary honours courses offered by the Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies (IIS) of the UvA
Interdisciplinary honours courses offered by the Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics (PPLE) programme of the UvA
Extensus Study Association
Join the Extensus study association, especially for honours students from the UvA and VU. Participate in social, academic and professional meetings. Extensus offers a valuable network for honours students from all disciplines.
Honours Student Council
The Honours Student Council aims to evaluate and guarantee the quality of honours education from the student's point of view. The Council consists of students and is there for all honours students of the UvA and VU.