Objectives of the central TLC
- Educational reform across the faculties: the central TLC links subjects, themes and projects to improve educational development and innovation in line with the UvA's vision on teaching and learning as well as its mission and in keeping with the requirements of the various faculties.
- Teaching staff development: the central TLC is responsible for assessing the needs for training and professionalisation within the faculties, and organises broad programmes for training and professionalisation that are accessible to the entire UvA.
- Knowledge development: the central TLC pools knowledge from the various faculty projects and brings together various experiential experts.
- Knowledge exchange: the central TLC connects the various faculties and focuses on community-building.
- Connection with the outside world: the central TLC represents the UvA in the outside world, where it gathers knowledge for dissemination throughout the UvA.
UvA lecturers can follow various courses. You can obtain the basic qualification (BKO), for a course to develop activating teaching methods for tutorials and lectures or ask for videoreflection, in which you analyse your (online) teaching with a coach. All possibilities for your professional development in your role as an educator can be found here.
TLC collects experiences, best practices and materials of teachers on tlc.uva.nl. You can find results of research related to (online) education and an overview of teaching tools. This website is made for and by teachers. Additionally, lecturers can connect to TLC in Canvas to stay up to date with TLC across the university.
To innovate and develop education, TLC offers lecturers various grants. For example, UvA Grassroots and the UvA Education Innovation Grant.